My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpoool, NY, United States

My interests have changed as time passes. Used to be very active physically. Now, not so much. Still enjoy reading about hiking and canoeing. Was an activist locally, now an observer. It is a pain to get older but it's better than the alternative

Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 16, 2008

Republican National Committee

Attention: Tim Morgan and other officials

I am in receipt of your solicitation for the 2008 election campaign. You ask: “have you given up?” “Have I abandoned the Republican Party”? The answer is: I disavow the control of the Republican Party by the ideological neoconservatives. In that sense the party has left me.

The likes of Tom DeLay and Imhoff do not represent my ideas of how to govern our nation. The fact is I was a John McCain advocate in the year 2000. The dirty trick of Karl Rove in South Carolina was abhorrent. John McCain would not have led us into Iraq in the hubristic manner that Bush misleadingly did.

The Bush administration’s penchant for cronyism has caused great harm to the party. Brown in Katrina, the ineptitude of Bremer in Iraq, the Darth Vader image of Cheney: Our undiplomatic foreign policy has been disastrous for the country and the party.

John McCain,and any other Republican candidate in the November election, is at a huge disadvantage due to the negative feeling nationwide for the past seven and one half year’s misadventures.

Republicans will have to wait for the Democrats to screw up royally before they will get another chance.

Regretfully,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home